RELEASE DATE: 2nd July 2014
We are pleased to announce the RTM2 software update for AP70.
New features in this release are:
- Interface to CANbus steering system (i.e. Volvo IPS) via SG05 PRO
- Track Offset feature
Enter a desired XTD offset either + or – to steer parallel to the track. Available in NAV mode only.
- Pendulum Ferry Feature
For Ferries that have an interchangeable bow & stern, a 180 degree heading offset can be selected, enabling either end to be configured as the bow.
- S-turn pattern
By activating S-turns, the vessel will begin to yaw around its main course. Adjustable angle and radius.
- Minimum rudder setting
A useful setting for vessels with a tendency of not responding to small rudder commands around (dynamic) rudder centre position. Typical for single water jets or due to whirls/disturbance of the water-stream passing the rudder.
- Toe angle setting
Sets the fixed angle deviation between the rudders, which will enhance rudder efficiency at small rudder commands around center position and reduce vibration and/or propeller/water jet noise. Toe angle is only available if the vessel has 2 rudders setup as independent drive units.
- Expanded NMEA0183 Interface support (SI80 Signal Interface)
Added following sentences: AAM, BOD, BWC, DPT GLL, HTD, TNT (Proprietary track control)
- Multi Language Support
AP70 now supports following languages:
- Activating FU on AP70Control unit
It is now required to press and hold the rotary knob (1.5 sec) to activate FU mode.
Improvements made in this release
- AC70: False Drive engage overload alarm
Would alarm even with very low load
- AC70: Port and Stbd solenoid output activated simultaneously at switch on
Could cause rudder to move to one side if solenoid valve is mechanically unbalanced
- AC70: System select was not working from software version 1.1.01.10
- AC70/SD80/AD80: Added “noise filter” to Rudder feedback (frequency) input and improved signal reading/handling to avoid false “Rudder data missing”.
Update applies to AP70