We are pleased to announce two software versions, 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 for the RI10 radar interface.
These software releases supersede all earlier versions.
- Version 1.4.0 can be upgraded via a Multifunction display or the SimNet support tool ST10.
- Version 1.4.1 can only be programmed at the factory.
Features & Enhancements:
Improvements in 1.4.0
- SimNet Data Group Source selection feature added for Simrad systems
RI10 and its attached Broadband Radar will now use the SimNet grouped data sources as selected on a Multifunction display. E.g The RC42 is the Simrad Group data source for compass information.
This function is especially useful for systems that have more than one heading source. Note: Lowrance HDS Displays do not have source selection over NMEA2000 and therefore selects the compass source with the lowest NMEA2000 network address.
- “No Radar” address claim lockup bug fixed
An Intermittent issue on some systems resulted in a “No Radar” message appearing on the display. This was caused by an address claim issue of RI10 on the SimNet / NMEA2000 networks, resulting in the radar been powered down by the RI10.
- Minor fixes and performance improvements of communications with the radar scanner
Further improvements in 1.4.1 (factory upgrade only)
- SimNet/NMEA2000 network lock-up issue in RI10 boot loader
An issue within the original boot-loader can cause the SimNet/NMEA2000 network to stop communicating for 2.4 sec., when the RI-10 boots up. In the past this has caused some devices, e.g. the DST800 with old software, not to recover and appear on the network.
Customers experiencing issues with network devices not appearing in the device list when used in conjunction with an RI10 with 1.4.0 or lower should contact Navico and arrange a replacement with version 1.4.1 or higher.
- The bootloader has been fixed so it will enable future upgrades in the field
The software can be installed using an SD Card (micro SD Card) via a Multifunction display or using the ST10 SimNet Support Tool.
Make sure there is only one RI10 on the network and power is not interrupted when upgrading.